Saturday, October 5, 2013

last week's family fun day

This week 3000 employees received their furlough notices thanks to the government shut down.  This week as I have walked around the neighborhood with the girls I have waved and chatted with moms and dads normally at work but who are not now.  Some of them are hopeful for back pay, others know they won't get it. This is insanity.  Everyone wants the same thing, we want to pay our bills, go to work, take care of our families. It's scary how difficult that is right now, and the light at the end of the tunnel is pretty dim.  For many of our friends this is the second furlough of the year and that's a tough pill to swallow.

That said I am grateful that Rob's job has not, as of yet, been impacted. I pray for those who are worried and scared and for the leaders of our country that they will look to the greatest good and make wise choices.

And I am grateful that it's conference weekend, what a peace that gives to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment