Friday, October 18, 2013

day off school

We didn't have school today.  I don't know why but we always welcome a day off.  Hannah went to school to decorate the freshman hall for homecoming week.   Grace and Ethan and I cleaned the basement.  It was a wreck.
When we were done with that we had a number of errands to do.  We got boo'd the other night and so we needed to get the supplies to return the favor.  We took Han to get a hair cut, bought shoes for Ethan and Grace and went to Sweet Frog.
On the way home we decided we wanted to have some fall fun and go to a hay maze.  Ethan called Eric to see if he wanted to go with us and we picked him up and were off.
The maze was pretty fun.  The boys ran around on their own, which made me a little nervous but I called R and he thought it was fine.  They didn't get lost so I guess that's a success.  Lu and I were partners.  We bought some pumpkins and apples and enjoyed the fall weather.
On the way home we stopped by a cute little store that sells local goods.  I bought sausage and eggs and bread, it made a yummy dinner but was too expensive.
When we got home the boys threw the football around and played video games.  After dinner Grace and I walked down to the neighbors 2nd annual "walk in" movie.   There were a lot of folks there and it was fun to socialize.  Lu likes running around with friends in the neighborhood.
Meanwhile R is off on a high adventure with the teachers.  They have been camping,  mountain biking and fishing.  Tomorrow they will go to a zombie run then head home.  I think it's going well.  He said he slept well last night and that his cobbler turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment