Friday, September 13, 2013

Hmm

Rob got back from his week long training.  We missed him.  He said it went well and he enjoyed several, but not all, of the presenters, the food was good and the hotel was nice.  He got back earlier than we thought he would so was able to spend most of the afternoon at home and also go to Bub's baseball game.  Unfortunately the game got rained out in the first inning.

Today I woke up and my leg and buttock were on fire.  Crazy pain.  For about a week my back has been tender and yesterday the pain moved to my leg but it was bearable. Today not so much, it really hurt no matter what, if I was standing, sitting, laying down, everything hurt.  I went to the doc and he said I have a bulging disk.  I don't know what caused it and am hoping it will go away soon.  We did electro shock treatment, and ice treatment and heat and an adjustment.  After all that it pretty much is not hurting when I am laying down and if I am current on the 800mg ibuprofen.  Of course no day is a good day for debilitating pain but this day was particularly not.  Ethan and Rob have E's first scout camp out.  I was planning on helping them get everything ready this morning.  Didn't happen.  Instead they had a stressful getting themselves ready, which may or may not have included a bit of swearing and a lot of whining and that is why instead of a nice picture of father and son in their handsome scout uniforms we have a cartoon graphic.
Grace is going to Maggie's birthday party.  I was planning on buying a cute gift.  Didn't happen (instead we had to give the always welcome but not so cute gift of cash).
Hannah and I had planned a date night :(  That is the saddest part.  Instead it's pizza, popcorn and net-flicks on the couch.  I was really looking forward to going out with her.

Tomorrow we have dinner plans with some friends.  I am hoping to wake up tomorrow with pain that is manageable so we can be back to "normal"
Also have an important calendaring meeting on Sunday..really want to put that to bed.

In other news Dani and Greg closed on their house! They are home owners!!!

And.....said with a squeal of joyful anticipation!...Alec & Kelly, Ryan & Val and Rob and I are going
on a cruise in April!!  Can not wait.  We are stopping in Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

It's going to be Ah-maze-ING!!! Val and I have been looking at the excursions. I know I want to swim with the dolphins again, I'd love to horse back ride on the beach, Ry wants to go to Tulum and Rob wants to fish, so many fabulous things to look forward to.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are hurting! Kyle is on his first campout tonight, too! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!!!!!!So sorry. Hope you recover quickly. Love you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your pain. Intimately. You probably lifted something just the "right" way one too many times. Let your back rest and heal. Talk to the doc about exercises to strengthen your back and core, and do them RELIGIOUSLY. And never, ever stop. Ever. I'm not kidding. Once you have injured your back like this, it becomes a weak spot that wants to get re-injured. Don't let a chiropractor do any adjustments that twist your spine. Granted, my lumbar spine has much more wrong with it, but it all started with bulging disks that were not properly addressed. Now, after months of physical therapy, personal training (which I will do for the rest of my life) and many, many $$, I am feeling a lot better and haven't had to restrict myself to bed for days at a time for the first time in years. Hope you feel better soon. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete