Sunday, December 2, 2012

Yesterday R worked a bit and fished a bit.  He fished on Friday too.  The fish aren't biting yet.  Friday I met him at Olive Garden for lunch with Pete and Katherine.  It was a fun Friday afternoon date :) 

Last night we went to a work party.  It was at Wheel's house and we had a fun time.  They had southern Maryland stuffed ham, which I had heard about but never eaten.  It was good but a little too spicy for my preference.  We also had tons of shrimp and lots of yummy sides. 

This morning R, Lu and I spent some time putting up Christmas lights.  It looks very festive and cheery and we had a nice time together. 

Today was a big day at church.  We got a new Bishopric.  This is always a bitter sweet event.  I love Bishop Reed.  He is wise and kind.   I enjoyed working with him so much.  The new Bishopric is made up of three really awesome men.  Mike Martines is the new Bishop.  We love him and I know he will be wonderful.  His counselors are Jared Davis and Jaime Marsh.  Two good men.  I am sad sad sad that Jared will now be released as Stake YM Pres. I loved working with him.  He was always on top of everything and was so helpful and kind to me.  Our Sacrament Meeting was so very full of the Spirit.  I sat with tears most of the time.  The Spirit really testified to me that these men are called of God.  Also that God knows us and loves us and wants us to follow Him. 

After church Grace and I baked gingerbread cookies and peppermint cookies.  Now we are settling down to watch the First Presidency Christmas Broadcast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment