Monday, December 31, 2012

last day of the year

 Last day, we made it through 2012.  It was a good year.  Today we spent the morning putzing around.  Cleaned the kids rooms, made pancakes.

In the afternoon we headed out to Mount Vernon.  Not all of us, R and the two little ones stayed home to work on a project.  The rest of us went  and it was cold but fun.  I always like a trip there.  I admire George Washington.  He was a good man.  I find it so touching every timewe visit to hear that after his death Martha closed their room and moved upstairs, never to enter their shared bedroom again.  She must have really loved that man.
 Clayton and Jenna took a picture with Martha.  Hannah didn't want to but she was there too.

This is what $100 worth of patio rocks looks like.  We get this muddy spot on the bottom of the stairs that I step in every early morning when I take the poochies out.  I asked R to build something to keep my feet mud free.  It looks so good I want him to expand it into a patio with a fire pit and furniture, on a lawn surrounded by a white picket fence, and with two peach trees inside and maybe a grape arbor and a strawberry patch.  Dreams.

When we were done we called R and kids and they met us at Cafe Rio.  Now we are home.  Hannah is at Sister Nelson's for a youth new years eve party.  Her first party with friends.  She's probably having the best time tonight.  Lu is watching Johnny Test and going to bed at 9pm.  Ethan and R and Clayton are playing halo 3 or whatever it is.  Jen is laying on the couch, I am on the lap top.  We are party people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment