Saturday, December 15, 2012

Camp Aquaesco

 Friday/Saturday the Brownies had a camp out.  When I signed us up for it in October it sounded like a great idea.  By Friday afternoon I was dreading going.  It's chilly out. 

Anyway, it turned out better than I had feared.  Lu had a wonderful wonderful time.  Which made it worth it.  We drove out to the middle of nowhere where the girl scouts have one of their camps.  There is a primitive site but we were in the lodge.  Lucky.  We did spend a lot of time outdoors, hiking, building a fire, making smore, doing skits but we got to sleep inside.
 The girls were up until 1am ish.  Lu started out in the front of the room with the girls, then moved back to where I was, then ended up on my twin size air mattress with me.  Comfy.
The Cadettes who invited our troop were very nice.  They taught the girls lots of songs and games and played with them the whole time.  The girls also did  the cooking and cleaning. 

It was fun visiting with the other moms and while I didn't love sleeping in the room with 30 other people it was okay and I did get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment