Friday, October 5, 2012

yawn

Yesterday was a very very long day.
We drove to Ohio but didn't leave until 2pm.  We didn't want the kids missing more school than necessary.
I thought we'd go part way and then arrive in the morning.  R thought we'd press through. 
We pressed.
It was not fun.  We were both really tired.
The drive was beautiful.  I really enjoyed all the fall colors as we drove.
I don't think the kids saw the trees.
They were too busy putting their feet on each other, wondering if we were there yet and "taking turns" holding Ziva.
I was grateful for the pretty sights because it served as a distraction from the endless hours of presidential debate commentary that we listened to.  I want to say we easily listened to 8 hours of it.  And that is a modest estimate.
Honestly I didn't mind the first hour.  It was interesting and I do care what's going on in the world of politics and government.
The next 7 were torture.  The commentators are so loud and argue with each other and are sometimes rude, and frankly they said the same things over and over, which I get because their audience probably typically changes from hour to hour.
Other high points:
Ethan throwing up.  All over, and us pulling over in the ghetto and washing the car and him, and changing him all with the aide of some mini water bottles and a canister of cleaning wipes I thankfully threw in the car at the last minute.
Then Lu needed to _______, and nothing being open. 
Finally we found a gas station.  Dicey but it was open.
2am arrival at Nana's
Z was not tired and I got to take a couple puppy potty taxi trips outside and an early rise.
YAWN.

Wednesday night was pack meeting.
It was lots of fun.
Matt Ray is our new cub master and he did a great job.
Ethan is working on his weblos badge.

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you all yesterday, though the reason we were together is a sad one.

    I chuckle and cringe at the struggle of that trip and I'll pray the trip back is better. The last LONG trip we took (more than 6 hours) was WAY back when we only had 3 kids. We drove straight from FL to here, 18 hours. We hoped the kids would sleep (they were only almost 4, 2, and almost 1.) No, they didn't sleep. They cried, they wailed, they fussed, they cried some more. I needed frequent visits to the bathroom as I was newly pregnant and when we stopped the car, they cried more. That put us off long trips forever. But... no one threw up. I have something to be grateful for 8 years later :-).

    ReplyDelete