Monday, April 30, 2012

updates

Ethan's toe is doing well.  He goes tomorrow to the doctor again but I think all is well and he was able to play soccer and run around all weekend with no pain.

Baby bunny is back in the nest and momma bunny is nursing him, all is well.

Jenna sold her car.  I hope she will be able to find a good one for the same $ in Utah, and I hope hope hope she will quickly find a job. 

Sierra comes home next week! Yeah! I can't wait, it's been a long time and I always enjoy her peaceful presence.  It will be a fun visit.  She'll work, we'll play, it will be warm!  Good times.

Our Sabbath day was lovely.  It was the last day we had Alissa with us, the two girls had a lot of fun together and I am happy she could come.  We went to church and after I had a YCL meeting but everyone else stayed for a linger longer...which reminds me I need to check if R brought my crock pot home.

Two of my friends had daughters receive mission calls this weekend.  Kitty's daughter Julia is going to Sacramento on  an ASL mission and Ruth's daughter Giaonna is going to Russia.  So exciting.  I am very excited to find out where mom and dad are going.  I expect we won't know for another couple of months but still it's exciting. 

With summer fast approaching I've been beach looking.  I didn't know but Ocean City, which is about 3 hours from us not only has a wonderful boardwalk and lots of sandy beachy fun to be had but it is also very near the home of the wild Assateague ponies.  I am hoping to take a quick trip up there while Sierra is home and spend a beach day and a pony day.  So fun. 

I can't believe school is almost over for the year.  Hannah will be in 8th grade, crazy!  She is doing really well.  Her biggest dilemma right now is what language to take next year.  She wants to take French but the middle school only offers Spanish and Chinese.  Odd isn't it.  The  high school has French and Latin as well. 
Ethan has enjoyed STEM.  This week they have a trip to the base, and at the end of the month they have their Elms camp out.  He's learned to write in cursive, a task he did not relish.  His big challenge right now is soccer.  He loves it and is probably ready to move up to the next level, sadly they play only on Sunday and travel to weekend tournaments.  It really makes me sad that there is so little, really next to no regard for the Sabbath.   Right now we have one travel team in our area that is for his age and it is full of stand out players, the bad news it the decision has been made to form a second team.  If that happens a lot of the strong players that E now enjoys playing with will be drafted and he is afraid he'll be left with boys that aren't as good.  He may be right. 
I guess we'll see what happens.  I hope he'll be able to continue to play and enjoy it and if he wants even play in high school but the bottom line is we are not raising a soccer star, we are raising a boy who will be a man that loves and serves God.  We will honor the Sabbath day and even if we feel sad about it will sacrifice moving up the soccer ladder.
Lu is almost done with 1st grade.  She has done very well.  I have been very pleased with her teacher and she has lots of friends and is a great reader.  Her challenge is learning to obey.  She is a Sassy Pants! with a capital SP.  Good thing she is sooo cute. 

Our garden is planted (thanks R!)

That's it. 

1 comment:

  1. Life is always busy at your house. There is always comings and goings. Glad to read everyone is doing well.

    I've been out of commission for awhile. But i'M BACK!!!

    ReplyDelete