Sunday, April 15, 2012

State Competition

silly girls in Baltimore

I've been having a hard time getting to blog. It's been busy around here.  Wednesday we got up ear-ly (4:30am) and headed out to the airport to take Papa and Grandma home.  We had a great visit, it went by too quickly.  I always appreciate the time we can have together and the time they get to spend with the children.
Thursday I subbed.  
Friday was busy with laundry and shopping.  In the evening I had a stake dance to go to and R kept the children and held down the fort.  (when he eventually got home from work, H had them first)
Saturday was the D.I. stake competition.  Again we had to get up early early and head to Baltimore.  I am our team's appraiser so I was busy judging a different challenge for a lot of the day.  My challenge to appraise was Project Outreach which is a service challenge and I really enjoyed seeing what the kids came up with and the good they did.
I did have time off in the afternoon so Hannah and Alissa and I went in search of a Barnes and Noble.  We found one, eventually and had fun wandering around looking for it.
R spent his day working.
E had a soccer game, which they won 5-0 and where he made his first left footed goal!
Lu spent the day with the Martines'.  
Hannah's group didn't place so no globals for us :(  but it was still a great experience.  We were there until 9pm and got home around 11:30 so I was very happy we got to sleep in this morning.
Today we had the best sacrament meeting.  We had Bro Kirkham from the high council speak and he was very powerful.  His speaking companion was a priest from the Capital Ward who did a remarkable job.  I really enjoyed both talks.  I brought a thank you poster for everyone from the fundraiser for the orphanage.  Everyone was really touched.  Jenna and the other kids were able to buy soooooo many books and everyone was really touched.
Tonight we ate dinner on the deck, which was pleasant.  
Tomorrow starts a new busy week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment