Sunday, February 19, 2012

weekend

Friday night I drove some of the Laurels (a couple boys too) to the Stake Priest/Laurel dinner dance.  It was so lovely.  I was lucky enough to get to stay and sat in the corner with the other wives who had a husband serving or playing in the band or whatever.  The decorations were stunning.  I have truly never seen such lovely flower arrangements, I wished I had my camera and not just my cell phone.  The theme was an evening in Paris.  The youth dressed up like it was for prom, had a delicious meal accompanied by a string quartet, then danced the night away to a live jazz band that were wonderful. 

While I was doing that Hannah was at a birthday party for Alyssa and Ethan and Lu were playing at the McCombs and Rob had a work shindig. 
Saturday morning, too bright and early, found us a the soccer court.  First E had a game.  They won 15-0 in an embarrassing victory.  I don't like matches that are so uneven because I feel bad for the losers.  Then we went and grabbed a quick breakfast and headed back for Lu's game where they had their first win of the season!  Yeah!!
this picture is pre shopping trip


Rob went shopping for motorcycle armour and the girls and I went shopping for a new dress for miss Maggie Moo (H).  Then R and I enjoyed a quick date to Red Robin...yumm :)

2 comments:

  1. I love when they have dances like that and make them special with wonderful decorations. FUN.

    And I LOVE RED ROBIN ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ride on the bike to your date? ;o)

    That dance looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete