Monday, February 13, 2012

cue music by ABBA "slipping through my fingers"

Sierra and her friend Alex
 From time to time it occurs to me how fast time is going.  My girls are all grown up and doing great.  They are happy and productive lovely women.  Seriously it seems like just yesterday that they were cute little girls running around.
the Brandts

Of course I wish they were right next door to me :) but I am so proud of them and happy with the lives they are living and the experiences they are having. 
J in her Romanian pants
I am glad I have three more, some more chances to do a good job, more chances to see them grow, to tuck them in, to hug them tight. 
I hope I am accomplishing enough with my life.  I kind of thought that when I was 40 something I would have done more.  Cured some dread disease, written a life changing book, helped a small village, memorized the scriptures, ran a marathon.  I better get on the ball, I've probably got a good 40 years left in me and at the end of that I want to have something to show for it.  Something in addition to the greatest accomplishment of all, raising 6 lovely children.  If I don't though 6 great kids would be awesome enough.

2 comments: