Thursday, February 2, 2012

baking

 I spent most of the last two days getting ready for new beginnings.  It was last night and I felt like it went well.  Our theme this year is "Arise and Shine Forth that thy light may be a standard for the nations".  We got the incoming beehives pillow cases with that embroidered on it so every morning when they arise they can remember to shine forth :)  I also wanted to make these cute cupcakes in a jar...which I did spend many hours trying to make.  Mine didn't turn out like this at all.  I hate pinterest.  Well anyway they were all eaten and luckily Rachel and Sharon made lovely lemon bars so there was something pretty to eat too.  The girls sang a beautiful musical number and we had some talks and I think the girls had a nice evening.
In better pinterest news I also made these delicious waffles and served them with ice cream for dessert on Sunday night and they were yummy!

We've had the usual daisy scouts, cub scouts, piano practicing, D.I. and laundry to do and the most lovely weather.

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest--probably because I just look and don't try to make the stuff ; )

    Glad New Beginnings went well.

    ReplyDelete