Saturday, July 16, 2011

we did it

It took a lot of hours and a lot of snacks but we made it.  At 8:30 tonight we read the final verses of Moroni.  The kids did really great.  They were exhausted and happy.  I learned so much, it was wonderful to see the story unfold, to get new insights and most of all to see the great love of the Savior for his children. 

At times I felt like Peter (asleep on the job when I should have been attentive), at times like Martha (when I jumped up to help with lunch and was happy for a minute to do something instead of just reading) and all the time grateful for the opportunity. 

After we had a sweet testimony meeting.  It was different because there were no stories to tell, nothing new or exciting to share...we had all spent 2 days together in the gym reading, we were all tired, we were all stuffed with junk food and glad we finished.  Still it was the simple proclamations of "I know this book is true", "I am grateful to the Savior for his love for us and his invitation to come unto him", "I know this is true" that were heartfelt and sincere and strengthening.  I wish every one of our youth could have been there. 

4 comments:

  1. so impressed! and what a great thing for them to accomplish- both individually and as a group. Sadly there are way too many who can't honestly say they have read the entire Book of Mormon. Kudos to all of you.

    ReplyDelete