Wednesday, July 6, 2011

morning

 Last night the girls asked if I would wake up early and walk on the beach with them.  I said yes, and told them to get me as soon as they get up knowing that if I try and get up "early" that might not mean the same thing to them :)  We got out the door at the crack of almost 8am.
The first day we were here Dani said, isn't it weird how on the west coast the sun sets on the ocean and here it rises.  I had never thought of it but yes, very weird.  I remember many many ocean sunsets that were spectacular.  The idea of seeing a sunrise for comparison appealed to me...but we didn't make it early enough for the full effect.  Maybe tomorrow I will set the pace.

 R and Tate were up and also came with us.  We strolled along looking at the sights, so different from the heat of the day when the beaches are crowded with umbrellas, tiny children digging in the sand and all kinds of people enjoying the water.  We watched clams burrow in the sand after the waves tossed them onto the shore, over and over again.  We picked up the strange jellies that litter the beach here, no tentacles of stingers, they are just gelatinous disks that you can wring the water out of if you try (and Tate did)
It was quite a nice walk. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the sand in my toes--when I spend time at the beach my feet are so smooth.

    Good luck getting out the door EARLY ; )

    ReplyDelete