Thursday, April 11, 2019

Lunches and visits

I came home to this...broken sea urchins on the bathroom floor.
He is the culprit. Apparently he stands on the sink and swoops the shelves with his paws.

Yesterday I had lunch at Splotos with Maria (from Puerto Rico), Alba (Brazil but recently returned from being mission president/wife in Chile) and Ivanna (Argentina). It was super fun. I was last to arrive (I was only 3 minutes late because I had to stop for gas but they all beat me) and they were standing in front of the restaurant chatting away in Spanish. I walked up and we exchanged hugs as I said “now you’ll have to switch to English”. They said “Hermana for you we will...but you should learn Spanish” :) Lunch was delicious and we had such a good visit!

Last night we had conference jeopardy against the bishopric. The girls did so great and barely lost! I was so proud of them!!

Sadly I forgot that I was supposed to pick up Akimi:( As soon as I realized Grace and I ran over and took her to Jeremiah’s for gelatos. We had a good time chatting and hopefully she’ll forgive me and let me pick her up next week🤦🏽‍♀️ To make my offense even more egregious Fabiola texted me early in the day and said “don’t forget us”, but I knew she had a brain scan and thought she was asking me to pray for her...which I did, but I forgot her niece. 

Pretty lake by the hospital, love the lakes:) 
Today I had lunch with Michelle, Laurie, Kayleen and Suzanne (all from the US ;) ). We went to Greens and Grills, a super yummy build your own salad place. 

After school I took Grace to the hospital to visit her friend Khloe. Belle and her grandma also came. She’s having an 48hr EEG. Both girls have service dogs so the small room was pretty crowded with all of us in there! It was a fun visit. K had 5 seizures while we were there, which is why she is in there and why she has a dog. That dog is pretty brilliant. I hope they figure out a way to help K. Lots of people have lots of struggles, actually all people have lots of struggles. I am always happy when I can be a help or a cheerful break in the day. 

In the evening Rob and I went to Splotos again. If you spend $15 you get a free, decorative, pasta plate. Ivanna and I loved them and both got one yesterday. I really wanted the other designs and made R go with me and order enough to get two more “free plates!”  Can’t wait to make spaghetti for the little Brandt’s and serve it on these fun pasta plates!! I was worried they’d sell out. But we scored! There are 3 additional designs that I do not have but I am satisfied:)

And this little Ruby is feeling better and is excited for Mimi’s pasta plates too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment