Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter

The celebration of Easter is special. There are sort of secular traditions that are fun. Painting eggs, eating ham, cute bunnies and new dresses. 

There are hymns to be sung, and sermons to be preached, and a Sunday dinner to be enjoyed with family & friends. 

We invited  the Lyon family  and Becca and Spencer to join us. It was nice. Shannon made twice baked potatoes and rolls. I made ham and salad, jello fluff and glazed carrots, and pink lemonade. Grace and I made 3 desserts; lemon meringue pie, strawberry pie and a chocolate bunny and carrot patch cake. 

Everyone had plenty to eat and after we played codename, classic and Disney.
It is also a special and sacred time of the year to reflect even more on the life and death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I enjoyed this week reading about Him, listening to devotionals and to conference talks and other talks where that was the topic. I love my Savior and am so grateful and so glad that he paid the ultimate price on my behalf, and on the behalf of each of us. That his grace saves us, that he loves us.

I am grateful for families that can be together forever. 

These two little girls had a nice day too, they were just tired:) Tired, grumpy and adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment