Monday, February 27, 2017

Sunday

 We had a particularly pleasant Sunday.  I had ward council in the morning, as I do every week.  The kids are big so it's not too hard on Rob to get them ready.  Sometimes it takes a lot of prodding, this day was one of those.  I am sure that is because we all had late nights on Saturday and were tired.

So I left at 7:15 and they left at 8:30 (and picked up Michael Daniels on the way).  It was Ethan's turn to bring the bread for sacrament...and we remembered!   Then we were all there, sitting in our usual pew :)  It's a good life.
The talks were fine.  One was quite good, the other was low on doctrine but not boring.  With no paid clergy you get what you get.  The thing is everyone does their best so you just have to listen with your heart.  Another great thing about living in the south would be if I could say "bless his heart, he did an awful job:) (with a sweet southern smile)".  Id' like that.  It negates the criticism.  (not really but I think it's funny)
Sunday School was fine.
YW is always awesome.  Sister Tilden gives really good lessons.

Then we went home, had lunch, made dessert, took a short Sunday nap (the best), and went to the Evan's for dinner.  We had a really nice time.  The kids all got along and we had lots to chat about.

We rushed home in time for our evening fireside.  (Rachel and the kids followed).  Bro Higa spoke about missionary work.  He shared lots of fun mission  stories and gave the kids lots of how to prepare ideas.  I think it went well.  The youth all love him (he's the YM president)  We had root beer floats and Heather brought snicker doodles for treats after and the kids stood around and visited and had a good time.  Some of the boys helped Ethan move the couches back to their original rooms, we put them all in the living room for some nice seating and then everyone went home.

Then we got ready for bed and I saw that Steve had peed on our bed...again! We locked him in the bedroom because there are a few folks with cat allergies in our group and Steve is no a scaredy cat, in fact he thinks he is a dog and always says hi to people.  This is SUPER frustrating.  Everyone loves the dumb guy and I too have affectionate feelings for him BUT I will not have an animal that pees on my bed.  He's on his last strike.  It's too hard to clean and too disgusting.  If it was me I would have gotten rid of him on strike one but the family revolted and lobbied hard for his pardon.

So then we had a clean up effort.  And then bed.  Rob and I netflixed the first 2 episodes of Drop Dead Diva, which I had never seen but thought was funny.  And we went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment