Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Things that surprise me about cats

Percy is a clown. I am very surprised by him as a pet. We had cats growing up and I liked them but don't recall noticing them much.
As an adult I never had a cat and didn't really want one. It's the litter box mainly, and so many people are allergic and I thought the pay back was small.

Then we got Perseus and I have been so surprised by him. 

He is very affectionate. He seeks us out for companionship and likes to sit with us to sleep or watch TV.
He talks to us a lot, in fact in every way he is a noisier pet than Ziva. He meows, runs around, clanks on cords and knocks stuff over and off. 
He loves to play. He leaps and runs and entertains the whole family with his antics. 
He comes and is learning some tricks. 
He's smart and I like him.
He and Z follow me all day and keep me company. It's really cute. 
They tear around and stalk each other. Z is sometimes jealous but P is cool. They have such personality.
I still don't like the box.

3 comments:

  1. I think cats that grow up from kittenhood with dogs act a little dog-like, and it makes them more pleasant. Is your cat allowed outside? If so, just chuck the box. We have two cats and don't own one. The cats go outside. You live in a desert, for crying out loud! It's one giant cat box ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no outside cats, they get eaten by coyotes

      Delete
  2. Rob keeps hoping our cats will get eaten by the coyotes :-/

    ReplyDelete