Friday, April 22, 2016

back home


Here we are on the first leg of our journey.  Happy travellers.  It really could not have been a nicer trip.  I can not say enough about how beautiful it was, about how much fun it was to travel with these 3 girls, how easy and stress free(minus the driving on the left) and peaceful it was.  Every morning we knelt and prayed and expressed our great gratitude for this lovely opportunity.  Every night after reading scriptures together we knelt again and again our prayers were just full of gratitude.  I will always remember our nice time and the happy feelings of the trip.  I am so grateful to Greg, and Rob and mom and dad for holding down the forts and keeping everyone safe and well so we could go worry free.  Poor Marshall got sick while we were gone but his dad is a trooper and everyone did fine. Mom and Dad did so much carting kids here and there, keeping the home clean and the clothes washed and nice dinners on the table.  When I got home everyone told me how much they enjoying having Papa and Grandma here and how nice it was to have their sweet presence and careful help.  Now we have a couple more days together before they take off to help someone else so I am glad for that time too.

I found these beautiful roses blooming in my own backyard when we got home.  How pretty and cheery they are.  We also have herbs growing and mom made capri salad with our basil last night.  It was super tasty!  I think I ate a lot of it all by myself :)

I also came home to this darling birthday present from Jenna.  I loved it!  She knows me well!!
Sawyer came over right after school and heard all about our trip.  Hannah got him this fun hat and they enjoyed being reunited.  Ziva was also very glad to see him :)

Daisy and Sawyer came for dinner last night and we had a fun little visit. 

Also last night Hannah had a bunch of the young women over for some fashion show planning.  It went well and we had a fun time.  Only about half the girls came that we we expecting so she has some phone calls to make.  It's been a bit of a pain since she had a set of girls ready to go and then we found out that our ward has a temple trip that day and they all backed out, of course.  Then she had to find another set.  And now she needs to get in touch with half of them and make sure they can do it still.  But this is the way of a big project and you just carry on with it.  

Our flights, fyi, were fine.  Meaning we all arrived alive.  Heathrow to LAX was a bit turbulent and super, super long.  They fed us good food and we watched lots of movies and landed at the end so I guess it went as well as a long flight can.  

It's good to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment