Friday, January 23, 2015

Friends and Clutter

Tonight was one acts.  Hannah has been rehearsing for months.  She kept telling me how terrible she was and between that and last years one acts, where I didn't think she was terrible but I didn't enjoy the performances, I had quite low expectations. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  She was not terrible, in fact she did a good job.  The play was clever.  It followed a group of 2nd graders through their lives, sort of.  It explored themes of disappointment and mistakes made in life but was funny at times and sweet at times.
This week has been a strange one.  We feel the loss of Millie . It's strange to be home without her here or to come home without her bounding to the door.  She had a lot of important jobs in our family.  She walked Grace to the car at night when she would finally go get her homework, it's a dangerous walk those 4 steps between the front porch and the car parked in the driveway.  She barked when any thing was amiss outside, like a deer eating too near our grass or a pedestrian walking on the front sidewalk.  She cleaned up spills left on the floor and made sure I vacuumed every day by leaving reminder hairs in the corners and under the tables (and every where else).  She picked up trash and laid on our feet and drooled on the window sills.  It's amazing how big a void her absence makes.
Ethan went on a field trip to the Smithsonian.
We went to a good-bye dinner for Wheels (Rob's boss) who is moving back to Fort Worth.
I subbed two days and we had girl scouts and soccer.
Z went to the puppy spa.
I cleaned the fridge.
Grace played with Arden.
Eric came over for the evening tonight (Friday).



No comments:

Post a Comment