Monday, January 12, 2015

brrr!

Saturday: Rob patched holes in the walls.  We want to paint and some prep work was needed.
We went to Costco, always a good time.
The missionaries came over for dinner. Dinner was adequate but not stellar.  I felt a little bad about that.
I waited up until midnight to go pick up Hannah, and then waited in the cold parking lot for another hour.  Brr.

Her trip was a lot of fun.  They took lots of workshops on acting and saw some plays and hung out in the hotel lobby and generally had a wonderful time.

Sunday: went to church.  The talks were good.
Stayed after church for a long time since Hannah had BYC.  She came out pretty excited about some cool activities they planned.
David Duke came over for dinner.  We always enjoy his company.  I made garlic & brown sugar chicken which I thought turned out really well, mashed potatoes, brussel spouts and a peach cobbler.

This morning, 5:15 am, we got the welcome phone call, two hour delay in school start times! Yes! Our mornings are so much nicer when kids leave the house at 8  instead of 6.   Every day should start after the sun rises as a general rule.
I don't know why today we have a delay, there isn't any snow and it's warmer than last week's 9 degree morning.  There's no rhyme or reason I suppose but I'll still gladly take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment