Sunday, June 23, 2013

yummm!

last night we went out to eat at  new place.  When I was the long term sub in kindergarten the teacher I worked with, her husband is a waterman.  We had time to talk each day and we talked about his job from time to time.  I asked her where he sold his crabs and she said lots of places but often Jerry's.  It's a bit of a dump outside but great inside and the food was terrific.  When we told them it was our first time they brought out a sample of stewed tomatoes and kale.  I hate stewed tomatoes, in fact when I make a recipe that calls for them I always substitute diced, anyway I LOVED them.  The calamari~ excellent, the stuffed mushrooms~ mmm-mmm!!, the halibut~ delish! Everything was so so good.  We went with Pete and Katherine and had a lot of fun.

In bad news I hurt my back moving some furniture on Friday.  I am so upset because camp is tomorrow and that is a lot of work and my back still hurts. Annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment