Friday, June 7, 2013

15 years!

15 years ago yesterday Rob and I were married and started our family.  He was a lucky man because I brought with me 3 perfect daughters to give us a head start.  We actually had a civil marriage first and then 14 months later went to the Dallas TX temple to be sealed together for time and all eternity. How grateful I am for the blessings of temples and the ordinances of the gospel that allow us to be together forever!

Tonight we will celebrate by going to the Washington DC temple.  It's been too long, our lives are too busy and we have not made the time that we should to go more.  How grateful I am for the opportunity and time to repent and make right.  We will do better.

We have our new sailing kayak and have been able to take it out a couple times this week.  I have noticed that the tiniest adjustment on the rudder send us a completely different direction.  I guess that's a good metaphor for life.  We need to keep making adjustments, keep pointing the right direction, keep paying attention.

Yesterday was not our best day.  We had planned to take the boat out and spend some time sailing and we were both looking forward to it.  Then the weather forecast took a turn for the worse as Tropical Storm Andrew heads our way. It became more uncertain.  While R kept planning to go I didn't' think the weather was good and I didn't' know that Hannah had a project to work on with Alyssa.  It's the end of the year and lots of important things are happening so they got together and she wasn't going to be back until 6ish.  I thought this was okay and we'd still have time to go have a nice dinner, spend the evening together. I was thinking maybe Ghengis Grill (although that's kind of far) or some place nice.  R was thinking we should brave the elements and risk our lives on the open water.  (in fairness he is still in the shiny new toy obsession phase of kayak ownership).  So after work we came home and I worked on laundry and watched Lilo and Stitch with the kids and he went sailing. At 9pm we went to Salsas for dinner, I was then hangry (hungry and angry) and he was relieved to have survived his death-defying-water-mishap/poor judgement- life- lessons-learned night.  I was not good company.  Happy Anniversary to us!

p.s. adding to my general grouchiness of the day I had forgotten my iPhone at home and was without it ALL DAY and the coke machine was sold out at work. No diet coke.  Clearly first world tragedies but none the less....

No comments:

Post a Comment