Saturday, January 14, 2012

trash sculptures, derby cars, sets and costumes

Subbing Lu's class went well. She was perfect and cooperative.  The class was cute, rambunctious. It was fun to see her with her friends and in her element. 

After school Jen and I went to Waldorf.  We needed to get a few things for her trip.  I was actually going to take Han also, she needs some new jeans.  On Thursday I asked her to clean her room.  She did not.  On Friday morning I told her if she was done at 4pm when I got home she could go to the mall.  She did not.  She was very surprised when I left her home with R and the little kids.  Hopefully next time she will do her job. I hated to leave her.  We have a problem with her doing what I ask chore wise and I hate to have her miss out on fun things, but she has to obey and so I left her and hope she will do much better.

On the bright side Jenna and I got to spend a lovely evening together.  We had so much fun.  First she treated me to cold stone! yumm!  Then we went to TJMaxx and found two super cute dresses for her to take to Romania, and then we went to Hancock fabric and bought some fabric for a project R is building for me.  We walked in and immediately spotted the cutest fabric, at the same time we loved it.  Lastly we went to Red Lobster and enjoyed a nice dinner and a great talk.  It is so nice to have grown daughters and to spend time with them.  She is doing so well and I am really proud of the young woman she is.  It was a precious evening.

Today was a busy day.  E had a soccer game at 7:30 am.  They lost, 8 to 0. They played the wolf pack, which we knew would be a their hardest game although we were hoping for a goal or two.  I don't know why but those boys are really awesome.  Individually they are not any better than our little guys but for some reason as a team they really are great.  I don't know if it's the cool name, the stickers they have slapped on the back of their minivans/suburbans or the wolf pack flag they post where ever they go but they are tough.
Then we worked on my project, E had 4 friends over to play soccer and eat food :), we went to Lu's game, then divided and R, H and E went to the Zawadas so Han and Emily could build their D.I. set and I took Lu to a birthday party and went to Wal-mart.  We made a good dent in our to do list, although still left on the agenda for the weekend is: E's pinewood derby car, H's D.I. costume, Lu's homework sculpture to be made out of recycled items (trash), and to put "Y"s on J's scrubs for the orphanage.  We did have time for a fun date with Pete and Katherine and J went back to the mall with Alexis for the last things she needs.  I can't believe she is leaving across the world on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Always busy, busy, busy.

    Those lessons are hard for them to learn--but so necessary. (And sometimes harder on the parents ; )

    ReplyDelete