Thursday, January 19, 2012

dream room

I totally love love love this room and want it.  Except for the oars above the window, which I don't mind but don't love.  I have no style.  If I had bank this would be mine though....honey??

Got to skype with J this morning, it was frustrating and reminded me of skyping mom and dad in Belgium.  Calls dropped all the time.  Annoying.  But she looked great and was excited and I was glad for a few minutes to chat.  Maybe next time will be better.  She was on her way out the door anyway to buy bleach to soak her produce in, which reminded me of reading Grandma Peg's letters to Uncle Brian (which I loved and would love a copy of) when she was in Turkey and he in the states at college.  She wrote about doing the same thing. 

I am home today, alone.  This is the first time in over a month that I have been home alone.  I do  love that.  I really love having everyone here...but I am one who enjoys a bit of solitude from time to time.  I am cleaning and laundrying and working on New Beginnings and just happily putzing around. 

Other things I love:
my green new york mug, makes me happy
my kindle, love it!
minty toothpaste!
warm weather (or the memory of :) )
good friends
hugs
engaged kids
a heated mattress pad
and to finish off the list for today DQ, where I have not been in forever until I took Dani to the airport and we stopped at one and I remembered how yummy their ice cream is.

Back to singing my happy little working song, sans the roaches

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to have the ability to skype--even with all the problems. Still better than just the phone or worse yet SNAIL MAIL.

    Glad she arrived safe and sound.

    Wouldn't it be lovely if money weren't an issue in our lives ; )

    ReplyDelete