Thursday, January 12, 2012

polar and grizzly and pooh, oh my

It was cold today.  It was raining in the morning and I subbed for kindergarten today so that meant I had indoor recess to look forward to.  Then the sun broke out and we had lovely time outside.  Yeah for outside recess!!

In kindergarten this week the children are learning about the Arctic.  Which gave me a brilliant idea: in the hall we played penguin and polar bear.  They were the flock of penguins quietly walking down the hall so that the big bad polar bear (me) would not see them and then do what polar bears do when they see penguins.  It was great.  They were so quiet!  Yeah for quiet kids in the hall.

Right now I am laying in bed with my lap top, and NCIS on the TV, and my hubby next to me on his ipad, and a small boy laying between us and the boy said "google grizzly bear sleeping bag images and you will see Dani and Tatum".  What?  So I did and guess what, there they were.  Funny.  Also while there I saw a very funny picture of a human arm sticking out of the mouth of a grizzly bear sleeping bag, which I didn't even know existed until tonight and now I wonder why we don't have one.



So tomorrow I am subbing Lu's class.  She is thrilled and can not wait, like it's Christmas morning or something.  I am a little concerned.  She is not big on "quickly I obey" lately and I hope it's not a disaster, and I hope it doesn't rain.

Tonight we skyped with little Pooh bear and her momma.  Santa brought her an egg in her stocking which she hatched today and guess what was in it...a penguin.  How's that for a coincidence?

4 comments:

  1. How funny. Peter's class (K) is having the same unit -- Arctic animals! I googled and saw Dani and Tate! Who knew you could buy a grizzly bear sleeping bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google it ; )

    You must be such a great teacher. Fun.

    ReplyDelete