Thursday, September 13, 2018

How is it Thursday already?!

This week has gone by quickly if not entirely smoothly. 

We have a bathroom leak. This means we are all useing one shower. It’s okay but I hate having such expensive things in a new-to-us home broken. It’s also been quite a slow process trying to get someone in to fix it. 

Our house overall hasn’t been in as good shape as we had hoped. The inspector missed a lot and it’s been disappointing. I feel bad because I picked the house and it’s kind of a lemon. Then I feel bad for not feeling more grateful that we have a house and instead being a little bummed. 

Ethan is having problems with his calculus teacher. This is also very upsetting. He is a smart young man and has the potential to do great things with his life. A strong foundation is crucial and while I have lived my whole life never needing calculus for anything I have much higher aspirations for him. It makes me mad that he has a lousy teacher. Especially since his math teacher at QHHS was so awesome. I should write her a thank you note. 

We are not all the way unpacked, part of the issue is we got rid of bookshelves thinking we wanted to upgrade to matching ones. With all the house stuff that keeps popping up it’s been slow getting settled and that is unsettling and annoying. 

So there’s that.

On the plus side Hannah likes her new job. It’s at an  upscale club so good tippers and the other girls are nice. Hopefully she will have a great few months and make lots of money. 

We like the youth group. Last night the priests and laurels went to the Roddy’s and swam and rode jet skis. They do a lot of playing here. Jon was really good at mixing service and fun. We haven’t been here that long though so I’m not “throwing any shade” just yet. We may have arrived during a particularly fun set of weekly plans. It is very important for the youth to serve though.

I had activity days last night. The girls are cute and a little crazy! It’ll be a lot of fun working with them. Rob had scouts. He took Sawyer to help him. Grace had YW, they worked on personal progress. Last week they had a BoM read-a-thon. 

This week Grace went to the dentist and the orthodontist. The ortho is another frustrating thing. Our old CA ortho is supposed to refund part of our treatment payment. We paid upfront instead of the more expensive monthly payment plan. Since we only went half the time they are supposed to refund part of that. I have called at least a dozen times but still haven’t got it resolved. 😬

Tonight we are going to the temple. I’m really looking forward to it. I love living in the shadow of the temple and being able to go often. 

I also love living so close to Disney. We see the firesworks most nights and hear them every night. We don’t have passes yet. Which is sad:) 

I guess that’s it. The good the bad and the petty.

This cat likes to keep me company.

Our favorite turtles by “toasted”.





2 comments:

  1. What does E. Want to do career wise? He might not need calc. Truth is that I have a phd in engineering and have never actually used calc for a job! Bad teacher is frustrating tho! I’m sorry. Maybe kahn academy would help?
    Laraba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he doesn't really know what he wants to do. He always says something math/science but specifically what he doesn't know. He has always loved math. Last year he took cal a/b and thought it was a lot of fun. That's the disappointing thing. In his case I know it's a teacher problem:(

      Delete