Sunday, March 4, 2018


Sunday is a sweet day of rest. We lite a fire, made a crock pot dinner, slept in late (which doesn’t mean that much when you normally get up so early). I had a presidency meeting. Grace has been working on personal progress and this year is planting a garden. She started her seedlings today. It was is Fast Sunday and the testimonies were sweet and powerful.

The cute little owls were a birthday present from Sierra. She got them in Korea and I love them!

Saturday we cleaned and did laundry. We went to Cafe Rio and Ethan got a haircut. Grace is my grocery shopping buddy and we went to the store.

Friday Rob and I had a date. It rained both Friday and Saturday. 

Thursday night we went to a Gentri concert. Rob and I did. Ethan had soccer practice. Grace had homework. 

My seminary subbing days are over. It was good but hard.
We talked a lot about having a heart that is soft and willing to harken to the Lord. It is always good to reflect on the state of our hearts. Are we being teachable and humble? Are we forgiving and charitble? Do we allow little offenses to scar our relationships? Being flawed and selfish and altogether mortal it is too easy to be hard hearted. I am reminded of that every day. Here’s a small example: Thursday Rob wanted to go to the concert. None of the rest of us wanted to go. Ethan had practice until 7 and that’s when the concert started. Rob went on his own and after I picked up the boy I planned to stay home with the kids. I knew R was bummed that he went alone so instead I decided to meet him there. Even after I sat down by him I was still annoyed not to be doing what I wanted. My heart was hard. I really had to take a good look at myself and knock it off. After that I enjoyed the music and testimonies. I also looked around and saw several single sisters there who I am sure would have loved to be sitting by a faithful loving husband holding his hand and listening to the beautiful music. It is good to count your blessings and to be grateful. If you can’t think of any it’s good to pray that they will be brought to your remembrance, the Lord will remind you. It is good to be soft hearted and full of love for God, and all His children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment