Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring Break

lazy mornings
We have been having some spring break fun.  Ethan had drivers ed the first four days.  Now he's done with the classroom portion.  We have to wait for his DMV appointment to take the test and then he'll have his permit.  He said it was very boring.  In December I got him the online class, it's March now and he hadn't started so off to class he went.  I am hoping to work next year and need him to drive, as it is the earliest he can get his license is October. Ethan told me some day he's going to run for public office.  His platform will be three pronged: streamlining of the DMV, bringing back free grocery bags and doing away with daylight savings. LOL

lunch with friends
Tuesday was a little day of service.  Pam and I went visiting teaching  Our favorite way to do that is to meet at Cafe Rio.  When we got there Michelle and Diane and some sisters from their ward were there too so we all sat together.  Diane is the sister in law of Becky, from MD.  (small world). We run into each other from time to time.  I wish we were in the same ward, I think we'd be good friends. As I was driving in Rob and some of the guys he works with pulled in right behind me so he had lunch there too.  We didn't eat together but I thought it was really funny that we were both there.
After that I went to donate blood.  
Lastly Grace and I made dinner for the Sweeney's.  We made a pinterest dinner and made the same thing for ourselves. I didn't think it was awesome so then I was bummed.  The last two times I made dinner for someone else in the ward it didn't turn out perfectly :(

mall fun
Today Grace had an orthodontist appointment.  After we went to the mall.  I found a dress for the wedding!! Yay! I was so glad! We stopped by See's candy to talk to Ofelia's mom and found the Easter bunny shopping there! I knew it:)
Grace got some new shoes and we had a fun time shopping together.

Grace has been having friends over.  It is noisy and they are silly...I love that.

Dani challenged everyone to a 1000 page bookathon.  I read "Keeping Faith" by Jodi Picoult, "The Atomic Weight of Love" by Elizabeth Church and "from the Kitchen of Half Truth" by Maria Goodin. Liked them all and reached my 1000 page goal.  The rest of the break I will read "The Amazing Story of the Man Who Cycled from India to Europe for Love" and "The Persian Pickle Club".


new shoes
other updates: Rob is travelling to Germany again next month.  Last Sunday night was stake priesthood meeting, Ethan spoke, and he wrote his excellent talk all alone. Michael and JaNee are going to the temple in April!!! Sierra is a hanging out with a falconer! I hope they stay good friends so I can meet his birds next time we are in Utah!  Marshall is sick :(.  The twins are doing great, Jenna is wishing to be done with her pregnancy.  I watched Terminator Genesis and liked it. It's raining like crazy and Nana sent me two new colors of fiesta ware, which I love!!

and in not so happy news: yesterday there was another school shooting.  This time at Great Mills, the high school Ethan would be at if we still lived in MD.  Every week there is some new tragedy.  The conspiring hearts of evil men are a plague and it's so sad and heartbreaking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment