Friday, March 9, 2018


Grace had her big Shakespeare project this week. Remember the set she made? She filmed her birds “acting” as Romeo and Juliet and played that for her class and made them all cookies. She’s getting to be a good baker. And she got an A, which is awesome and typical. Mostly we have no school issues with her. Sometimes she gets in trouble for correcting a teacher. Which they don’t like even if she’s right. And we always have PE issues. With her chronic pain it’s always a challenge. 

This week we had a nice YW night. The stake came to our house, because the building was getting the carpets cleaned so no one could go in and we didn’t want to cancel. They had a nice presentation for the girls. I think it really meant a lot to them to have the stake leaders come and bonus the stake gets to know the girls better.

I work. But this week didn’t on Thursday because I had a job interview to have my own classroom. It went well. The next step is to do a demonstration lesson that will be filmed and shown to the committee when they hire. I got assigned 6th grade math for my lesson...so I might be working at Barnes and Noble or still subbing next year. 

I subbed wood shop earlier on the week. We read about, extensively and with great detail, the 12 types for glue used in woodworking. I know lucky! Right? 

Today I’m in 7th grade science and we are learning about the periodic table of elements. 

Cat continues to entertain us.

I took Ethan’s eagle picture and sent off announcements to print. We are having his court of honor right before the wedding, since everyone will be in town.

Super excited: tonight “a wrinkle in time”, the movie, is hitting theaters. That was one of my favorite books when I was in 5th-6th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment