Thursday, July 7, 2016

Yellowstone

I am super excited, Jenna and Clayton and a couple of their friends are backpacking in the back country of Yellowstone National Park. (That is not why I am excited). They researched and prepared. There was talk of bear bags, bear bells and bear spray. No mention of packs of wild wolves or rabid squirrels though. They got food and gear and packed and planned. This morning they were off! Tonight Clayton face timed (I can't believe they have service!) and they were doing well. They reached their first stopping place, saw an elk and bison but no bears!
I am glad for the adventure! And I hope they have an awesome, dream vacation time! And I am super glad to hear they were fine!!

This is the summer of wild animal encounters for all the kids and some trepidation for the mom!

These grown kids, my daughter and son of my heart, don't have to call but I so appreciate that they do! That they want me to know what they are doing and that they are well! "Somewhere in my youth or childhood I must have done something good:)"

No comments:

Post a Comment