Wednesday, July 27, 2016

They are home!!!!


Yesterday we went to pick up the kids.  I wanted to leave at 2:30, 3 hrs before they were supposed to land.  I like to get there a little early and LAX is always a nightmare.  Rob wanted to come and to leave at 3:30.  Foolishly I agreed.

So we got caught in traffic.  Then the plane landed early.  Then security was a nightmare....and we were late! Urgh! I hate that.  It was super stressful and I was mad.  The kids were fine.  Delta had a nice room with games and snacks and nice chairs and two super nice ladies who sat with them but still. 
I was super happy to see the little chickens and we hugged and hugged. In face the ladies asked "how long have they been gone?" and when we told them one of them, a sweet older black woman said "oh Loooordy, I thought they had been gone for months!"  LOL
hole in the wall burger
The traffic after was stil awful.  It was rush hour so we decided to stay and eat and pass some time.  Rob works at the temple every thursday and some of his co workers told him about an awesome burger place.

We went and it was pretty good but not awesome and also very $$$.

It was fun to talk and eat together though and we sat at a nice little outside table and the air was cool and the beach nearby so it wasn't all bad.


After dinner we went to the temple to walk around a little bit.  The girls were happy to go.  Ethan wanted to get home. We walked around and looked at the beautiful flowers and then spent some pleasant time in the visitors center talking with the sister missionaries.

It was 9 when we left and the traffic was still surprisingly heavy.  I don't know why.



Obviously I've pretty much returned to my old weight.  I guess I need to work on that again.  (sigh)



It's awesome to have everyone back!!








No comments:

Post a Comment