Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Camp

Ethan left for high adventure this morning. 
Grace is getting ready for camp next week.

The way they get ready is very funny to me. 
Yesterday I asked Ethan if he had everything he needed. He said yes but maybe we could go buy a flashlight. We went to Target and got one, as well as a purifying straw for water and some sunscreen and bug spray. Then he went home and shoved some jeans and a toothbrush in his backpack and called it good.
This morning we got up early, grabbed his gear and we went. The other boys looked similarly prepared. 

On the other hand the girls have been practicing their special song, made matching shirts, drew secret sisters and have been getting gifts together to give each other. They have been gathering and preparing and planning and when the day comes for them to leave there will be a lot of stuff going with them. 

Both groups will have, hopefully, a fun and safe time.



Grace and I cleaned today. Rob cleaned today. The more we clean the more things we see that need to be cleaned. What’s that all about ? Tonight the photographer came over and took pictures. Now we are ready. Sheesh. What a process.






I had also signed up to give blood today. My appointment was at 2:45. Grace and I arrived at the Red Cross office at 2:20. Every door was locked. We circled the entire building. Finally we found a sign saying sorry for the inconvenience but we’ll be back at 3pm. 
So I didn’t give blood. Which I was bummed about. I didn’t have time to wait with all the cleaning we needed to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment