Tuesday, August 26, 2014

this is why I don't have a "job"

The purge continues and it's amazing! Except the children keep undoing my work.

Today was a busy day. No one actually cares about my schedule except me but just for gigs I will share.

5:30 am alarm goes off.
I go wake up Hannah then head down stairs to let the dogs out and make lunches. I unload and reload the dishwasher and carry the shoes upstairs and put them in people's rooms. Then I wake up Ethan and after he is ready I sit on the stoop with him waiting for John.

6:20 pick up the kids rooms and then get Grace up. Finish her homework with her, she showers and I make beds and start laundry.

7:45 take Grace to school.

8:15 take the dogs out

8:45 shower
Then pick up the living room.

9:30 Teresa comes over and we go over our scouting schedule and divide duties for the first half of the year.

10:30 declutter some closets.

11:15 leave to meet Tara and the Bayside ward presidency for some training.

12:14 arrive 14 minutes late. Apologize.
They made lunch and we had a sweet meeting where the spirit was strong and we all left encouraged and uplifted.  This is one of the unexpected delights of my calling. I love meeting with the wonderful sisters in the stake who work so hard, and have such faith and testimonies.  It is such a blessing to me.  Tara was very inspiring to one of the sisters who has a particular struggle and as we talked about the girls and how to teach them to follow the Savior it was sweet and reverent.  I, and I know my councillors as well, feel it such a privilege to serve for the season in this way.

1:30 leave and zoom to bus stop.

2:30 get to bus stop at the same time as the bus and get the boys. Drop of John. E talks me into a trip to burchmart

go home pick up (why is that never ending?)  
Greet Han when she comes home.

3:30 leave to drop off stuff at Vintage Values (local thrift shop)
3:50 pick up Grace
4:00 drop off Grace
4:20 go visit teaching to Laurel's.  Have a good visit, she expresses desire to come back to church, we talk about her art work and her family.
5:30 go to pet store to by magic water balancing formula to avoid more fish death
6:00 come home
dinner,  prepare for meeting, swap laundry.

8:00 phone meeting with Larry to schedule the calendar for next year.

9:00 put children to bed, do some laundry, start winding down

3 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me to purge! I'm ready to de clutter right now! Too bad I have to sleep sometime. I could get so much more done if the kiddos are asleep! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted just reading that list!

    ReplyDelete