Wednesday, August 27, 2014

bad news

Tonight was our scout court of honor.  Ethan got a lot of merit badges as did a lot of other boys.  The court of honor after scout camps is always an exciting one.
Today I decluttered the kitchen and took a bunch of stuff to Amy's for the NAMI garage sale.  We ate lunch together and had a fun visit.

This evening we found out that Yoho has cancer.  This is, of course, devastating news. Last Sunday we had a family fast for him.  We are hoping for the best but honestly I am worried.  I remember with great clarity the day 23 years ago when I got the phone call saying that I had cancer.  Life changed then.  The strange thing is, as if there is anything normal about it, there's not, but one strange thing is how normal life still goes on.  I still fed and changed Sierra, still read stories to Dani, still fixed dinner and did some laundry.  There was still bills to pay, floors to clean. My friends still had jobs and went to school and everything was still "life as usual", while at the same time nothing was usual or normal.  

I wish Ang and Yoho didn't have this trial.  I am glad they have a happy, strong marriage.  I'll be saying lot of extra prayers, and feeling a little sick to my stomach because someone I love is hurting and I am far far away.


1 comment: