Friday, August 29, 2014

finally Friday


Grace is in the corner by the umbrella
I don't know why this was such a long week.  It wasn't particularly unpleasant, it just felt long.  This morning when I dropped off Grace at the hub some of the other moms invited me to go to coffee with them.  First I told them no because I had planned to go to Costco but then as we were standing and waiting for the bus I thought I should go.  I told them I changed my mind and went out with them after all.  I had OJ.  It was really nice to get to know them and to chat about our kids and our lives.

Jared came over later in the afternoon to help us with our aquarium again.  We are blessed with some great friends.

Hannah had a good day, she sent me a text saying she was happy.  Nice to know.  Tonight she's off with friends, Rob went fishing and the rest of us went to the pool to meet up with some friends and celebrate Aedan's birthday and swim.  We had pizza and the kids swam until the pool closed.  We had a great time.  It's always fun to hear crazy "when I was young" stories.  I think tonight the Bishop won the craziest/scariest story award!  Ethan had Daniel over to play.  Grace had Arden over for a late night.  We have been loving having the Streeters live next door.  Grace and Arden have bedroom windows that look at each other, I have often walked in to find them talking across the lawn.  Tonight they watched the stars with Asa and a telescope in their driveway, then ran over to our house for popcorn, gerbil time and fish cleaning.  It's a good life.
it was a good catch tonight
he's a pretty good catch too

Recently I have had several people I love receive very bad health news.  Our lives are full of challenges.  Its sad to know of the struggles people are going through, especially if you can't help, but even if you can.  It is also inspiring to see how they handle it with optimism and faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment