Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend wrap, or chocolate waffles

Saturday we got the kids back. It's good to all be home together. Sunday was a very nice day. We went to church. We ate zucchini stuffed with hamburger and cornbread stuffing. In the evening our friends came over and we made chocolate waffles with ice cream, and played games.
Youth conference is coming together. Many many many hours have been spent trying to make sure that every detail is right, and that the youth will have a wonderful, testimony building, memorable experience. I'm excited to go and I just hope and pray that it will turn out the way we planned.... Or even better that the Lord will step in and make it the way he plans. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that the Lord knows each of us, is aware of us, and wants what's best for us. It makes me happy to know that when I serve in my calling or in my family that I am serving his children.
It provides a nice balance. When I watch the news there are so many tragedies, so many atrocities, so many scary things and it can become overwhelming except for the knowledge that we have that our Heavenly Father is in charge. And that the Savior is going to come and end all of that, and that He will reign personally upon the earth. I wish that day was now.
Until that day I guess I will continue to be sad when I hear of things that are awful, and I will continue to find joy in the things that are nice, and I will try to endure faithfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment