Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Looking back, looking forward

It's 7:30 AM. Only Grace and I are awake. I can look out my bedroom door and see the new first vision statue I bought for the family in Palmyra. Even though it's been several days that trip is still my first thought in the morning. We had such an amazing trip I can't even begin to say. The spirit I felt I will never forget. I went to Palmyra with a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And I knew that God the Father and his son Jesus Christ appeared to him in that sacred Grove. I also knew that there was a lot of work for me to do, and I'd be busy, and that I would be focused on making sure that everything went well for the youth. I was so happy that my family had gone last year and that at that time I had been able to enjoy the sights and see the things that were there and hear the talks and read the plaques. I honestly did not expect a strong personal confirmation or witness. Much to my surprise I think I had the strongest spiritual confirmation that this is God true church that I have ever had. And I had that beautiful sweet special sacred witness more than one time while we were there. In the temple I knew that families could be forever together. I knew that was God's house. In the sacred Grove I knew that the gospel was restored. And that that was, it is, holy ground. In the replica home again the Spirit, the witness, the testimony I received was undeniable. During our testimony meeting I heard so many similar accounts. I heard the youth talk of coming with great doubts, some of them, and for the first time in their lives feeling the burning witness of the Holy Ghost let them know that this is the true Church. They knew that God loves them. They had a stronger resolve to do what was right. There are no words adequate to share these feelings. However I am so so grateful. Now, we just need to take this knowledge, change our lives, serve the Lord, and endure to the end. Piece of cake:)

Today Dani and Tatum and Penny Jane are  coming to stay with us for two weeks!! Cannot wait!!

Poor Jenna had her wisdom teeth out on Friday. Her mouth hurts and her face is swollen. On the bright side wedding plans are coming together, I feel bad that she is so far away and left with much of the planning and doing on her own. Luckily Clayton will be back from Ohio soon and they can work together. Also luckily we will be in Utah for the week before the wedding and can help with all the last minute stuff. I am looking forward to being there with her, and to seeing my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment