Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Things I put in jars today

Lu and Maggs
cans :)
Sunday morning Nana and Abba left, they came to hold down the fort while I was at camp.  I am really grateful that they live "close" and that they are always willing to come.  The kids know them well despite the miles between us, and love them lots and lots and lots.  They took Ethan and Hannah home to Camp Grandma for the week.  From the reports I have been hearing a good time is being had.  Last night we got to watch (via face time) a lovely indoor golf course that E has set up with his new friend Dylan, Han went shopping (her absolute favorite past time) and there was some swimming and cheesecake eating.
Meanwhile back on the old homestead we are having "Grace week".  Yesterday we invited Maggie over for the day.  The girls played so cute all day long.  They played with dolls for a long time, watched a little TV, spent some time at the pool, helped me with a couple of quick chores, hung out in Lu's room giggling and at the end of the day we took them to Salsas.   I cleaned up camp debris and put up some of our garden bounty.  Made12 jars of pickles, don't know how they will turn out, don't love pickles but what else do you do with cucumbers?  I like pickles, just don't love them.  I hope they are good though.  I made 4 jars of mango/peach salsa and 14 jars of zucchini jam.  While I was canning I watched "Becoming Jane", which is a movie I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment