Tuesday, July 17, 2012

random this and that

Our vacation last week was so nice. Really nice.  I can't think of one thing that wasn't nice about it.  Our dog did not get eaten by an alligator, like another vacationer, which really would have made it not nice.  No one got stung by jellies, which is not nice and we hate.  It was super relaxing and wonderful and beautiful and fun.  The only thing that would have made it better is if the big girls and Greg and Tate were with us, but they weren't and I try to be really philosophical about things like that and enjoy who is there and the moment.  I do wish I could fold the space between us and live much closer to my west coast familia.

We had a pleasant drive back.  I was concerned because we had all three kids in one row.  They did great and were cheerful and mostly nice to each other. (Hannah slept the whole way which helped)  We stopped for DQ to rally the troops and they made it until the last 20 minutes without any breakdowns, which I thought was super great.

Sunday was our first day back and it was busy for Han and I.  We went to church early because she had choir practice, then after church we drove up to the Stake Center for a special youth fireside, that was sandwiches between two other meetings that I had.  I had asked her to pack a travel lunch for us that morning but she forgot so we didn't eat until we got home around 9:30.  It was okay.  We were hungry but whatevah.  Anyway I think she probably learned a good lesson about what happens when you don't do what you are asked as hunger is a good motivator.

Monday we vacuumed.  A lot.  Millie is shedder.  The only thing I don't like about her.  Then we met some friends at the Lyon's pool for a swim that turned out to be very torturous as the children were whinny and clingy.  I don't know what that was all about but it was both annoying and embarrassing. 
Then we went to buy E some cleats, because that boy goes through shoes like no one's business.  In the evening he had street soccer and we watched TV. 

Adjusting to being home after a long trip is always difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment