Wednesday, December 14, 2016

and the time flew by

last night Hannah and I drove Jenna to the airport.  It was too quick a visit but one I am so grateful for.  We had a really good time together.  Jenna was super helpful to me on the several parites I organized.  We had lots of really good talks.  Maybe it's her psych background but of all the kids J is the one who most likes to dig in deep and talk about memories and feelings and things we've learned in life and things that have been struggles.

We spent our last day together doing some shopping.  She had a gift to buy and I had one to buy.  We went to the movies and saw "Loving", which we both liked.  She helped Hannah get a resume ready, she, H, is applying for after school jobs.  We ate dinner together and read scriptures together and watched our YouTube channel of little bub.

And today is her birthday.  24 years old.  She is wise beyond her almost quarter of a century. She is kind and giving and a planner for the future and embracer of the present.  It's been an honor and joy to be Jenna's mom.  There aren't words adequate to describe how proud I am of her, how much I love her, how awesome I think she is.

Jenna in 24 words

smart
kind
helpful
funny
musical
intuitive
pickle
singer
runner
dog mom
scripture reader
primary leader
encourager
decorator
life zealot
animal lover
reader
thinker
wife
sister
daughter
swimmer
adventurer
amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment