Thursday, July 2, 2015

A word of warning

Never book hotels with Expedia. I don't know why I ever thought it was a good idea in the first place but somehow in the craziness of finding out we were moving and trying to close up our lives in Maryland and move them to California we had two surprise trips suddenly appear on our calendar.
Trip one was a stop in Utah on my way to house hunt. 
Trip two was a stop to our bucket list aquarium in Atlanta on the way down to Florida for our family cruise. Especially since I was driving anyway and knowing we weren't going to be on this side of the country again for a long time, if ever, we had to swerve an hour out of our way to see it.
So trip one we get to our room and it stinks. Turns out they had layed new carpet and the glue smelled. We wanted to switch hotels but Expedia wouldn't let us. The hotel did give us a room on a different floor so it worked out okay but we were still annoyed.
I booked both trips at the same time and hoped our bad luck was an anomaly.
Today we arrived at our hotel in Atlanta, a Marriott which I hoped would be better only to find that while I had booked a room for four the one we got had one king bed. How is that adequate?
Again I requested a cancellation of the second night. Marriott said okay but I had to call Expedia. Expedia said Marriott would not. It's going to be a long night but I will get it refunded (I hope)
I will never book anything with Expedia again. They have the worst customer service on the planet ...or at least in the first world.

No comments:

Post a Comment