Monday, July 23, 2018

The rhythm of life is slow in the summer. At least when we are home. With Rob already in Florida it’s even more so. We stay up late, sleep in late. From the time that Dani was a baby I always had a rule for myself. That is everyone leaves the house every day. When she was little and for many years this meant trips to the park, library, grandmas house, McDonald’s play area or a friends house or Target. We went somewhere almost every day. It’s good for my mental health and worth the hassle of taking all the kids. 
Today my planned outing is driving Grace and her friends to the mall.
My unplanned outing might have something to do with getting a deed package signed. I’m not sure on that one yet.
The stake put up a few picture from youth conference. Ethan went last week and loved it. They learned about the tabernacle and the priesthood. The kids were divided into tribes. Here is Ethan’s. 

Yesterday church was very sweet. Jayce Alvey announced his mission call. Ethan and I had actually watched the live reading the night before but were still happy to hear him share the news again. He is called to serve in Korea! Wow! These calls always lead us to wonder where Ethan will go. It’s only 2 years until he is eligible to serve. Crazy.
The full time missionaries serving in our ward spoke. They did an amazing job. Both very good talks. The kids and I talked about them at dinner and they both enjoyed them too. 

Ethan blessed the sacrament. He looked so handsome sitting up there and it was a sweet and sacred moment for me. I am so happy that he lives a life that is clean and virtuous. Watching him break the bread and bless it, seeing the clean white cloth that covers the sacred emblems of the Savior’s sacrifice, hearing the words of the prayers, singing the hymn of praise and bowing my head to pray for forgiveness of my sins & to remember my covenants with God made (and weekly make) for a special time. I am SO grateful for the Saviors atonement. I am SO grateful for the restoration of the priesthood power on earth and for loving leaders. What a tremendous blessing we have. 

After dinner Hannah and Sawyer came over. We ate chocolate chip cookies and played jack box together. It was fun to see them. 

In other news I’ve been unable to locate the last piece of the outline of a puzzle I have been working on and last night I did! I was excited. 

Jenna posted this picture on Instagram and my heart melted. She is such a sweet good mommy and look at those babies! They are adorable and have grown since I saw them last just 2 weeks ago. I’m not positive but I think it’s Cora in green and Ruby in pink. So so so so cute!!! Made my night to see them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment