Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

I love mother's day.  It's an awesome day where I can tell my kids to do chores and they quickly do them.  They make dinner and clean up the mess, with their dad's help of course.  Sometimes I get nice presents, sometimes I can hugs and nice words.  The programs at church are always sweet and touching.  Today was Grace's last primary mother's day.  The children sang a beautiful song.  The end of an era.

This year I also got some nice presents.  I got beautiful flowers from Nana and Abba, Rob got me a beautiful bar necklace that I wanted, and Hannah gave me a bird watching book.  It was perfect.

Another thing I love about mother's day is just the huge amount of love mothers have for their children. It is a little glimpse of what heaven will be like to see moms and their children.  They sacrifice, they care, they laugh and love, they teach and pray and worry and dream.  I have been blessed with a wonderful mother who exemplifies what all that means.

Here's a little tribute to some of my favorite moms:
 Kelly.  She is amazing and talented and self-less.  She takes care of my crazy brother and Katy and she's an awesome example to me.

 My Dani.  She grew up to be such an incredible woman.  She is a patient, kind and fun mother, a good wife, a wonderful YW leader and a fabulous daughter.  I am so proud of her and so happy she's my daughter.
 Val, with Kenz.  She is so fun and has so much energy.  She is always cheerful.  Always up for a good time.  She is a great leader and a great wife.
 Mother's in nature, gotta love them!

 Andrea: fun, party princess, helpmeet, companion, boy mom, great cook, strong testimony, fun and cheerful and fancy are just a few of the words to describe my cute sister.  She is such a sweet mom and auntie.
 JaNee.  I don't know how my brother got so lucky but she is amazing.  She is a good cook, a great decorator, stylish and kind. She's fun and smart and so loving.  Love her!
 Anna.  I love this sister.  She is so smart and so hard working.  She is feisty and strong and faithful and fun.  She has two miracle boys and she mothers them with passion and fierceness.  I love her!
 Emily is compassionate, passionate about her family, smart and tidy and funny and stays true to herself and her convictions.  She takes great care of her family and is a good daughter, sister, mother, and wife.
 Nana is my dear mother in love.  She raised a wonderful man and then accepted into her heart and life the craziness that comes with a big blended family.  She is smart and talented.  A great cook and seamstress.  She is a great cruise director and a wonderful grandmother . I am so blessed to have her in my life, to be my friend, my example, my mom2.
And of course my mom, with her 8 kids and 20 grandkids and huge heart to love everyone and serve and help everyone.  She is selfless and kind, funny and well read, creative and wise.

And then there are my friends, too many to list and picture but from whom I have learned so much.  Women older than me who have paved the way and shown through their examples how to mother.  Those in the trenches with me, who are a village watching over and guiding and spying and helping and talking and feeding and all that many verbs that go with being a mom with me.  And those who are younger, who follow, but who also teach with their enthusiasm, new ideas, energy, passion, and pintresty parenting.  Each a blessing.  Each an angel.  Each a beloved mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment