Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Blah

It’s been a weird week. I wanted to work on Monday and Tuesday but no jobs came up. Lots of schools are doing state testing so that’s probably why. Instead I’ve gone to Target. Chatted on the phone. Cleaned things. Read a book. It’s all good but with summer around the corner I want to get in a good number of days. 
Ethan had his friends over to play “aquatic ball” a couple of times. Not sure of the rules but they like it. 

There has been a lot of airship uneasiness. I won’t go into the details except to say that the program is no longer viable and yesterday everyone on it was told they needed a new charge number by Monday. So, there is lots of work within Lockheed and it’s not like Rob lost his job but now he is unsettled and looking for his next project. There are, of course, many complications having to do with grade and interest of project etc. 

It may turn out that he finds something right here. He works at a different desk and everything else stays the same. This would be okay. We wouldn’t have to sell (which is always a pain), Grace doesn’t want to move so she would be happy. We would still “only” be a day’s drive from family in Utah. And we have adjusted and made peace with our desert dwelling. 
It may turn out that his hunt has us relocating. This would also be fine. We like to move, mostly. No one (except Grace) would be sad to leave here. There are a couple places that are looking like good possibilities: Lexington KY, Orlando FL and Eglin, PAX. Any would be good and each have different pros and cons. I spent a lot of today looking at housing and schools in each area. I spent a lot of time thinking about all that we would need to do to sell this house and a little time cleaning out a couple kitchen cabinets. Not knowing is mentally exhausting. I like to know. I think that’s typical. In the meantime I am preparing for my demo lesson on Friday and trying not to get my hopes up but really wishing that magically I could move into the same little, fun, interesting, perfect weather town that all my kids live in. (Which is impossible since they are all far flung).

Ethan said if we move to Kentucky he could drive up and spend the weekend with Abba from time to time and that he thinks this would be awesome. 

Speaking of awesome Abba, it is his birthday! Huge shout out to him!!

I made instant pot cheesecake tonight. I hope it’s great.

2 comments:

  1. Come back! That would be so amazing! I vote PAX! You would be closer to the babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve heard PAX is great... 😉 and they’ve got a really great ward too... one that still misses you guys. Just sayin’.

    ReplyDelete