Thursday, February 13, 2014

Anniversary


16 years ago these two crazy kids got engaged!
Tonight my honey and I went out on a date.  We went to Sakura and then to CVS.  Whoo Hoo!  As we sat down at the table I reminded him that it was our anniversary. 16 years ago tonight Rob was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Dad baptized him and lots of my friends, and family were there.  It was an exciting night.  Shortly after the closing prayer he whispered to me that he needed to talk to me so left everyone and walked down the hall.  The whole time I was thinking "oh my goodness, he's already changed his mind??!? What will I say? What will I do? I know I'll just bear my testimony…" when we got down the hall though he got down on his knee and pulled out a small box with a beautiful ring and asked me to marry him.  I was momentarily shocked and then said yes and we kissed and went back down the hall to share the good news! Everyone was even more excited!!
After we went to Marie Calendars and had pie with mom and dad and the girls.  The next day Nellie called me and we planned the wedding and thus began the whirlwind engagement that lead to the last, happy 16 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment