Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sailing

I woke up this morning, Saturday, and Lu was in bed with me and Z and she said that dad had gone fishing.  Then I looked at my phone and saw a text saying the weather is perfect for sailing so I called him and said come back and we'll go.
None of the children wanted to come, I don't know what that's all about.
I got my swim suit on and told Grace she had to come because she's 8 and can't just hang out at home on a Saturday morning by herself so when R got home she begrudgingly joined us and we had a good time.
The wind was great and we flew across the water.  It was a wet fun time.
We were out on the water a long time.   I really enjoyed the first 3 hours.  It's so fun to be right there~ one with the waves and the wind.  Unfortunately we were out there about 5 hours, which is about 2 hours shorter than R would like.  Therein lies our problem.
Ethan never wants to go because he "doesn't want to get trapped out there on a boat".  A feeling I can relate to, LOL.  I try and stay pleasant but my leg was sore because with all the wind Lu was nervous on the trampoline and she wanted to sit on my lap...for a long time and it was cramped there on one seat with two of us.
After our great time on the water we stopped by Big Larry's for ice cream.  Then we went home and R went to meet Pete for some evening fishing and the rest of us did some grocery shopping and picking up.
On our drive home from the grocery store Bub and I had a little conversation that went a little like this:

Me: Bub would you rather spend Christmas on a cruise, or in UTAH!! ?
Him: Hmmm, a cruise I guess.
Me: Really? But you might get cold.
Him: When you were advocating for the cruise you said it would be warm and now that you want to go to Utah you are saying it will be cold.
Me: oh, well, it might not be that cold.
Me: wouldn't you like to ski? you could ski in Utah.
Him: Mom, when you ask a question you are not supposed to offer a rebuttal. And we could ski in Ohio.  I'd actually rather go to Ohio.  
Me: Ohio? that wasn't even a choice.
Him: Why? we like Ohio, that's my vote.
Me: sigh, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment