Wednesday, May 22, 2013

life with an almost 11 year old boy

Ethan cracks me up, regularly.  Yesterday he had some funny things to say.  First we were eating dinner and he said "so I think if you really really like someone you shouldn't date them first.  You should date them third or fourth because no one ever marries the first person they date."

We were shopping for dance stuff and walking by the pajamas in walmart where Ethan spots some "little nothings" as mom used to call them, for married ladies to wear.  He lifts it up and stares at it a minute then says "what kind of dumb bra is this??"  Hannah said "Ethan that's not a bra it's... (pause)...looks at me....(pause)...a bra, let go of it!" and she pulled him off to the much safer baking aisle.

the other day Ethan said to me, I really want to go to a bar mitzvah, good thing I am friends with Liam, he might invite me.  I thought this was so funny because I too have always wanted a Jewish friend to invite me to a celebration!

after our 6th grade orientation at the school we stopped at Chipotle.  I asked Ethan when his school's "growing up night" was.  He said, oh we already had it.  Why didn't you give me the form?  He didn't want to go, which is fine but funny.  So I said, okay well since you are so grown up you need to start wearing some deodorant  Code for he is now a stinky boy.   He agreed and R and E headed to Wal mart to buy some on the way home.

Last night, walking into the middle school I suddenly felt very sad.  My little boy is not so little.  I dread the day when he doesn't hop into his "spot" in bed and hang out with dad and I.  When he doesn't tell us everything.  ....When he grows up and belongs to some other woman :(

No comments:

Post a Comment